Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Employer Identification Number  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  

When do I need Employer ID Number?

Follow infotaxsquare on Twitter
4.5/5 stars (2 votes)
Category : > Employer Identification Number
Posted On : Fri Aug 28th,2009

Why do I need a new Employer Identification Number?


Generally, businesses need a new EIN when their ownership or structure has changed. Although changing the name of your business does not require you to obtain a new EIN. Getting a new EIN also depends on the type of your business entity.




Committed to give our users most updated news!
For instant news please subscribe at

Leave Your Comments
Your name :
Email Address : Will not be published
Please enter your email if you want us to send answer to your email. We have a strict policy of not to share your email address with any other party.
Your message :
Insert these letters into the textfield below: (required, case-sensitive): cfbbO
Do you want to Subscribe for
InfoTaxSquare Business News Bulletin?
Comments (5)
Frieda Buck   wrote on : Fri Jan 29th,2010
Our church needs an Employer's State Tax ID number. Where can I get one? First Baptist Church %Frieda Buck 301 E. Delay Street Sandborn, IN 47578
Reply :
Dear Frieda Buck:

Thanks for choosing for your business needs. Your question is not clear. Because it may either be a re-seller permit or an Employer Identification Number. State Id number or re-seller permit  is used for suppliers to get exempt status on purchases and Employer Identification number is used to hire employees. We are sending you links for both. Please use one of the following link as per your requirement.

Link for Res-Seller Permit Or An State ID Number:

Link for EIN (Employer Identification Number) to hire employees:

Business Filing

Joe L. Duran   wrote on : Tue Mar 02nd,2010
I retired from my job at 62. I was interested in doing consultant work a couple of days a week during my retirement, but was told that because of their policy I had to be at least 65. Now I am 65 and would like to persue that. Someone mention to me that it would be good to file for a DBA, if I was going to work as an independent contractor. My question is: Do I need a DBA, to do consultant work as an independent contractor, why, what is the cost and what are the benefits?
Reply :
Dear Joe L.Duran,

Thanks for choosing for your business needs. I do not see any reason in your case creating a dba for your consulting business. It is not even required for you. It can only be useful for you If your are advertising your business.

As far as the cost is concerned please use the following link. Because it depends on each county and filing fees.
Business Documents

Unice   wrote on : Tue May 04th,2010
Reply :

You have to call to Internal Revenue Service.

Stepheni   wrote on : Wed May 05th,2010
If we have a LLC in California and if we move to Delaware, can we keep same EIN number?
Reply :

Yes, you can use it IRS has not issued it to some one in that state. You are required to obtain Internal Revenue Service permission.

Reply :

Farley Johnson   wrote on : Thu Apr 23rd,2015
I recently incorporated my tree business through your firm (s corp) I have tried 5 times online to get a new EIN through the IRS - Each time ending with an error message - either an internal error or registering during closed hours or a field incorrectly answered with an internal note Error 108 or 110. I have a EIN from a previous business (Sole Prop) however I understand I should have a new # for my S Corp I can't find a phone number for the IRS relating to this problem - please advise Best regards Farley Johnson
Reply :
Dear Farley Johnson:

If you have used to incorporate your S Corporation and have any question or reservation about filing your documents, please call us at 1+516.822.3100. We will be happy to help you to resolve your issue.

You can also use the following links to see, what our customers say about our professionalism and customer service.


Rated by BBB:

Committed to give our users most updated news!
For instant news please subscribe at
Business Documents
Filing! - 10 Successful Years
Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.